Getting a library card:
Library cards are free to all Chester County Library residents. Library cards are issued at any Chester County Library branch with proof of current name and address. First time check out is limited to 5 items. Those patrons who do not live within the County may obtain library cards by paying an annual fee.
You may also use the library for free:
· If you work in Chester County, but reside outside the county (bring in your employee id card)
· If you own property in Chester County (you must have a picture id and current tax receipt)
· If you are a SCLENDS patron (but our checkout polices apply)
Out-of-county library card with full privileges: $25.00 per person per year.
· Patrons must be 18 years or older to check out adult DVDs
· Children 17 and younger may only check out children’s DVDs
· Items on hold for another patron cannot be renewed
· You may renew books by calling or renewing online with your library card
Borrowing Guidelines & Limits:
|Item||Checkout Period||Checkout Limits||Overdue Charges|
|New Books||2 weeks||30||.20 per item per day|
|Books||3 weeks||30||.20 per item per day|
|Audiobooks||3 weeks||30||.20 per item per day|
|DVDs & Blu-Rays||1 week||10||.20 per item per day|
· Maximum overdue fines per item: $5.00
· To check out materials account balance must be below: $5.00
Books, DVDs, Blu-Rays and audiobooks may be renewed 2 times
Items on hold for another patron cannot be renewed
You may renew items by calling or renewing online with your library card
Placing Items on Hold:
· You may place 10 items on hold.
Lost or Damaged Items:
If the item is still useable, charges for damaged materials will depend on the type and amount of damage and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
A cardholder is responsible for all materials checked out on his or her library card.
Parents are responsible for items checked out by their children.
Lost or Stolen Cards:
Report loss or theft of a card promptly to avoid its unauthorized use; the cardholder is responsible until the loss is reported. There is a $2 fee to replace a lost card. Report lost cards to your local library.
For the Full Policies, see the Policies section of our website.